Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Comments4Kids Project 8

Picture of children holding hands

Comments4Kids



For this project I must participate in Comments4Kids by posting five comments on blog sites of kids throughout the world. My class was assigned to Mr. Goerend's classroom. I choose five different children, read their post blogs and then commented on their post. I really enjoyed this assignment. I t was exciting to see children using blogs in their classroom. I was amazed at how creative the children's blogs were. They really used their imagination in their writings.

The blog post that I read came from a boy named David. In his blog he shared information on holiday devoted only to playing football. This holiday was called International Football Day. It is celebrated on September 27. Five children started the 1st celebration just because of their love for the sport. School is out on this day and football games are played all over the country. The two teams left in the competition compete for the championship. Whoever wins the game receives money which is later donated to their own charity. I told David that I loved this post and that I was a football fan also, Roll Tide! I shared with him that I thought it was wonderful that they could have fun doing something, but at the same time help out a charity. He did a great job on this post.

Opps was the title of the next post I read. It was written by Zach. In this post Zach is at a party and accidentally spills his drink on another kid. The kid has pop all over him. That was when Zach and his friends got the idea for a new holiday. This holiday would be called International Act Like You have a Muscle Spasm! I thought this was a very interesting and fun post. Zach seemed to be having a great time when he wrote it. I shared with him how I loved his imagination. I told him to keep up the good work and to continue to have fun!

Alyssa is the author the post titled The Most Fishy Holiday of the Year. In her post she shares her experience visiting an aquarium. When she walked in she was overwhelmed by the odor. She actually could taste the smell of fish food. Fish, fish tanks, sea life, and people in blue outfits were everywhere. This is how Alyssa created her new holiday, The Most Fishy Holiday of the Year. Now it is celebrated with costumes and parades. I thought this was a great blog post. I expressed my love for the ocean and beach to Alyssa. I told her how I loved how she used her five senses to describe the experience. I encouraged her to continue the great work she is doing.

My First Plane Ride is the title of a post done by Grace. In this post Grace shares her story of her very first plane ride. She was going to San Diego, California. Grace was going with her family to visit her brother who was training to be a marine. She was looking forward to the trip, but she was a little nervous. She did not know what to expect. Her ears popped and her stomach got sick when the plane took off. The trip was long, but the ride was great. She is looking forward to her next plane ride. I told Grace of my first plane ride when I was 22 years old. I went from Alabama to Hawaii. I was scared and did not know what to expect. It ended up being a great experience also. I thanked Grace for sharing her story and encouraged her to continue the great job!

Olivia's blog post was the last that I read. In her blog she described the day she got her dog. It was December 19 when Olivia and her family were traveling to her Grandmother's house. When they arrived the puppy was waiting in a cardboard box. The puppy's name was Lucy and she was seven weeks old. This was a great beginning to the Christmas holiday for Olivia. I commented to Olivia that I just got a puppy a few months ago. His name is Marley and he is a Yellow Lab. I told her I enjoyed her blog post and that I thought it was very sweet.

I read more blog post then just these five children. I thought they were all great. I think it is wonderful that these children have this tool to help them be creative. They are did an excellent job using their imagination. I would encourage everyone to take the time to read and comment on some of these students work. They really do deserve the encouragement. The link to this website is http://www.mrgoerend.com/search/label/student%20writing.





1 comment: