Sunday, August 23, 2009

4.Vicki Davis:Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts

I love Vicki's teaching philosophy. People have the false assumption that teachers know everything and that is not the case. Teachers are always learning something new everyday, most of the time it is coming from the students. I also agree with her that students all learn in different ways and we as teachers need to recognize that. I think it is very empowering for a student to get in front of a class and teach what they learned. I feel that it is a wonderful tool to help encourage and build upon a student's self confidence.



The Flat classroom project was a very neat idea. I think that Vicki did a wonderful job in helping her students connect to the world. Her enthusiasm to continue to learn on a daily basis is a very encouraging lesson to all educators. I just hope that when I return to the classroom that I can run my classroom in the same manner as Vicki.

No comments:

Post a Comment