Thursday, September 10, 2009

A VISION OF STUDENTS TODAY

child studying


I thought the movie was a little harsh, but I can relate to some of the comments. As I watched the movie I reflected on my own college experience. I attended a large university and had large numbers of students in my classes. The majority of the teachers did not know my name. I spent lots of money on textbooks that I did not use. I spent countless hours studying information that was never used in class, but this is what I had to do if I wanted to get my degree. I had to take the good with the bad in order to graduate. Fair or not there are some things in life that you just have to do to accomplish the goal, GRADUATE.


I am not saying that my college experience was bad, but I do agree that our teaching methods need to change. Nothing much has changed since I graduated in 2000. Some of the course requirements may have changed, but I feel the teaching methods have not advanced much. I do not believe one's college experience is all in the hands of the teachers. The student's need to take responsibility for their part. I have been in class and seen other students on facebook while the teacher is lecturing. This is very rude, but if you are going to do it then do not whine about the class. Not every class is going to be interesting, fun, or even going to help you out in the real world. The opportunity to learn is there. The students have to take advantage of it!

1 comment:

  1. EXCELLENT job Kim. Great use of the weblinks and ADA graphics. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete